As one of Maine’s aquatic growers, the Maine Aquaculture Association has much to offer you. First, MAA is a network of people who face many of the same challenges you do on the water, with the banks, with the legislature and government agencies, and in the marketplace. Through MAA, our common needs become the industry position. Apply for membership today using our simple online application.
As a member of MAA, you receive:
• A full-time professional staff ready to serve your business needs
• Advocacy for your business at the state & federal levels
• Exclusive access to our Membership Newsletter which includes event notifications, job postings, business resources, news, webinars & special announcements
• Business planning & support
• Access to best management practices (BMPs)
• Crop insurance consulting
• Opportunities to showcase your products in trade shows
• A copy of our by-laws and guiding principles for responsible aquaculture in Maine
• A comprehensive membership “starter kit” including information on financial support, business planning services, and other tools
Note: Membership fees are tax-deductible and vary depending on farm acreage. We also offer prorated memberships for those who join in the middle of the fiscal year.
Private Individuals – $60
Private individuals without an aquaculture business can be members, too! For only $60 annually, receive special discounts & promotions with our infrastructure partners, an aquaculture info packet, legislative alerts, event notifications, & special announcements from MAA (discount for students or teachers – $30).
For Infrastructure Companies
We all share a common interest in seeing the development and prosperity of new and existing aquaculture businesses in Maine. MAA provides a number of direct benefits to infrastructure companies whose customers include aquatic farmers.
Basic Infrastructure – $700 tax-deductible donation
• Your logo and link to your website included on our Featured Members page
• 1 social media post to promote your business and drive traffic to your page (we share an ad you create, or we work with you to create a personalized ad)
• Exclusive access to our membership newsletter which includes event notifications, job postings, business resources, webinars & special announcements
• Your logo and website link included in 1 membership newsletter
Pioneer – $1,500 tax-deductible donation
Everything included in the Basic Membership, plus:
• Your promotional materials featured at conferences & trade shows MAA attends
• A table about our Annual General Meeting
• Your logo and website link included in 1 additional membership newsletter
Visionary – $5,000 tax-deductible donation
Everything included in the Pioneer Membership, plus:
• A personal introduction to and tour of two MAA member operations of your choice
• Guest speaker spot at our annual meeting or conference of your choice
• A personal consultation with MAA executive director on business development and market opportunities for your company and its products
• Your logo and a link to your site in the membership newsletter for the entire year