• 1 dozen raw Maine oysters, shucked
• 1/2 stick unsalted butter
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Handful of breadcrumbs
1) Set the oven to broil with a rack on the top level.
2) In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and add minced garlic.
3) Swirl garlic around in pan until butter is completely melted and garlic is fragrant, but not brown (2-3 min). Add parsley and turn the heat down to med-low.
4) Pour butter into a heat-resistant container and let cool. Shuck oysters while the butter is firming (optional: you may place the butter in the freezer for a few minutes to help speed up the firming process).
4) Place shucked oysters meat-side up in a small baking pan (8×8 or 9×9) with 2-inch sides (not a flat baking sheet).
5) Spoon the garlic butter over the oysters.
6) Lightly sprinkle a handful of breadcrumbs over the oysters (optional: add more parsley to the top for garnish).
7) Gently place the pan of oysters on the top rack of the oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes, checking often to make sure the breadcrumbs don’t burn.
8) Remove the oysters from the oven and serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings