• 1/2 lb fresh Maine scallops, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 3/4 cup of thinly sliced cucumber, seeds removed
• 1/2 jalapeño, sliced & seeds removed
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
• 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp water
• 1-2 tbsp finely shaved shallot
• Sriracha chile sauce
• Tortilla chips for serving
1) Add scallops and lime juice to a medium bowl and stir to ensure each piece of meat is submerged in the juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) While ceviche is marinating, add 1/2 cup of cucumber, jalapeño, garlic, herbs, salt, olive oil, and water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth (this is your aguachile sauce).
3) After one hour is up, remove scallops from the fridge and drain the lime juice, reserving 2 tbsp.
4) Add the scallops, remaining 2 tbsp lime juice, 1-2 tbsp aguachile sauce, sliced shallot, remaining cucumber slices, extra cilantro leaves, and a few drops of sriracha for color and extra heat.
5) Serve immediately with tortilla chips and be sure to keep cold. Enjoy!