• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
• 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
• 2 lbs fresh Maine-raised mussels
• Generous pinch of kosher salt
• Fresh cracked pepper
• 2 cups of steamed white rice
• Handful of sliced scallions
• Handful of torn cilantro
Instructions (see recipe video here)
1) Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
2) Sweat onions until translucent.
3) Add garlic and ginger, sauté until fragrant.
4) Add curry paste and mix well with onions, garlic, and ginger.
5) Turn heat to high and add cleaned mussels. Stir to coat mussels well and cook for one minute. Add the coconut milk and stock.
6) Cover and cook until mussels open (3-5 minutes) , season with salt and pepper.
5) Serve mussels and curry sauce over hot rice. Garnish with scallions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Where to Buy:
You can find Bangs Island Mussels at Harbor Fish (Portland), as well as Mere Point Oyster Company (Brunswick).